Delta Health Center is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients and staff. As such, effective immediately, the following measures have been put into place to limit possible exposure to COVID-19:
Until further notice, Delta Health Center will screen all patients, visitors, and staff prior to entering the clinic facility.
A screener will be stationed at each entrance and will require the following information:
- Disclosure of symptoms
- Locations of recent travel or contact with family members/friends who have recently traveled
- Known exposure to someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19
Those with one or more of the following indicators will be registered and seen by clinical staff and a determination will be made as the appropriate course of action to take:
- Temperature greater than or equal to 99.6 for those age 56 or older
- Temperature greater than or equal to 100.4 for those under age 56
- Cough, sore throat, or shortness of breath
- Recent travel over the past two weeks or contact with family members/friends who have recently traveled out of the country or to places heavily impacted by COVID-19
- Contact with someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19
If you are experiencing symptoms such as cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, or fever as described above, please call or go to the nearest emergency room.
We encourage everyone to call in advance to schedule an appointment with any of our providers.
These kinds of events and the uncertainty surrounding them can be very anxiety-producing and stressful. We encourage you to speak with Dr. Nadia Bethley, DHC’s Clinical Psychologist, at 662-741-8800, if you feel you need to talk with someone.
We understand that these strict guidelines will create inconveniences and challenges. However, these unprecedented times call for extreme measures for us to ensure that we can continue to provide services to you. If you have any concerns or questions, please talk with your healthcare provider.
Effective March 24, 2020